Split i Salona excursion with Augmentum
Split is second biggest city in Croatia and the biggest city in Dalmatia, one of the five regions of Croatia. This city is 17 century old and it has developed into popular destination with rich history, tradition and cultural heritage during its existence.
There are many significant and valuable monuments to visit in Split but we would like to highlight historical core of Split:
- Diocletian palace – one of thebest preservedRoman temples in theworld built by the Roman emperor Diocletian. Since 1979. has been included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites because of its excellent
- The Cathedral of Saint Domnius – this is Catholic cathedral located in Diocletian palace and the oldest cathedral in the whole world. At first, this cathedral was mausoleum of Diocletian and today it is a place of liturgy. The most significant medieval arhitecture is the bell tower of the Cathedral whose construction began in the 13th century. This monument is 57 meters tall and tourist can enjoy in breathtaking view on the old city and turquoise blue Adriatic sea.
- Golden, Silver, Iron and Brass Gate – This four gatesrepresentthe entranceto the Diocletain palace and they are all connected by two main streets.
- Vestibule – this was the entrance to the residential part of the palace.
- Peristyle – a monumental court situated in the centre of the Diocletian palace, in front of the Cathedral of Saint Domnius
- The Substructures – the basement halls of Diocletian palace are one of the best preserved ancient complexes in the world. Today, there are many souvenir shops throughout that area and just above is the Peristyle square and the Cathedral of Saint Domnius.
Exact arrival and departure times will be agreed upon in the booking process.
First stop is ancient city of Salona, the magnificent archaeological excavation site situated only 6 km from Split. For sightseeing of Salona, guests have 1 hour.
After that, our trip continues to Split. Duration of this trip is 1 hour and it includes driving to the Poljud stadium with the shape of shell, driving along the new promenade and the most famouse Bačvice beach. At last, our guests have time to visit Marjan Forest Park. This Forest Park is preserved pine forest hill located on western banks of Split peninsula and it favorite recreational part of city with additional features like ZOO, beaches and various sport facilities.
Free time for lunch in one of the local restaurants with homemade delicacies.
Afetr that, we’ll enjoy a walk through the old town where you can see inevitable monuments such as
Chatedral of st. Duje, Golden Gate, the statue of Gregory of Nin, Peristil, Diocletian’s Palace and promenade.
- a guide – on request
Departure time: By agreement
Return time: By agreement
The price includes: Professional driver, toll, entrance tickets for Salona, panoramic view of Split, a visit to the most famous sights and top attractions, tax
1 do 4 person: 227€ – regardless of the number of persons
5 do 8 person: 50€ per person